Hipihi servers are down at the moment as part of an upgrade. The upgrade has some big changes. I hope it goes smoothly. I haven’t seen these changes in action yet.
This list was in a post in the Hipihi forums Overseas Zones section for the benefit of we Chinese-language-challenged folks.
I suggest this would be a good time for virtual world enthusiasts to apply for the Hipihi test.
1. Avatar attach points
2. Land editing rights control (now supports co-building)
3. Community chat
4. New naming system (now supports your native language)
6. New reference-lines in object editing mode(F7: lock/unlock reference lines, F8:open/close reference lines and adjust line density)
7. Primary scripting on the client side, e.g. land management, access right, hotkey is F4. scripting language is Lua, we will release a help file soon.
8. Vote function
9. Enhanced avatar customization , finer modeling and more adjustable parameters
10. Optimized avatar collision physics(supports movement on a slanted surface)
11. script editing window
12. Faster model and texture map loading
This list includes some very nice features such a scripting, multiple users building on a parcel, and improved avatar physics on slopes.
I must restrain myself from staying up all night to try it out. Darn it.